The Right Career
The company recruits outstanding talent and frequently promotes from within, from the shop floor to the boardroom. This – along with Eagan College programs for employees to increase their skills, knowledge and leadership ability – supports a culture of career opportunity and work lines of progression.
You can hear about current openings by calling the AMERICAN Job Line at (205) 325-8010.
AMERICAN’s eight divisions are:
- Finance (includes Information Services)
- Human Resources
- Quality Assurance
- Supply Chain Management
At the heart of operations, the Manufacturing Division presents a variety of opportunities:
- Entry-level production jobs – In Ductile Iron Pipe, Melting and Foundry departments. Call the AMERICAN Job Line to find out if we are currently accepting referrals through the Alabama State Employment Service.
- Skilled craft positions – Including electrician, maintenance mechanic, auto mechanic, patternmaker, machinist and plumber.
- Apprentices – An apprenticeship program prepares candidates to achieve craft rate through on-the-job training and academic study. The program incorporates pay increase incentives for certain completion milestones and awards a completion bonus.
- Supervisory positions – Including a variety of leadership levels starting with leadman. AMERICAN’s supervisory assessment program evaluates a candidate’s readiness and guides the way to additional development as needed.
- Degree-based jobs – Such as manufacturing engineer, sales engineer, design engineer, accountant, computer programmer and research engineer.
AMERICAN considers a wide variety of work backgrounds, experience levels and professional degrees, depending on active job vacancies. Areas of opportunity may include, but are not limited to:
- benefits administration
- business administration
- customer service
- electrical engineering
- environmental engineering
- finance and accounting
- information technology
- mechanical engineering
- process control
- production planning and inventory management
- quality assurance
- research and development
- safety and industrial hygiene
- supply chain
- systems programming
Once on board, internal job bidding systems can open new doors and pathways of opportunity. Whatever your area of work, AMERICAN will challenge you to grow professionally and personally.
Strength in diversity
AMERICAN is a diverse company – our work force, the career opportunities we provide, the global markets we serve, the product lines we manufacture. AMERICAN values the diversity of its people and is committed to fostering a positive and productive work environment that enriches lives. In keeping with the philosophy on which our company was founded, it is the right thing to do: to treat every individual with respect, to value different perspectives and to encourage individual growth and achievement. We recognize our diversity is what makes us strong and ensures our continued success.
AMERICAN is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.