14" - 24" Resilient Wedge Gate Valves with Flanged Joint Ends - OS & Y
The AMERICAN Series 2500 Ductile Iron Resilient Wedge Gate Valve is designed for use in drinking water, sewage and fire protection systems, as well as irrigation and backflow control systems. The Series 2500 is available in applicable configurations that are rated to 250 psig ANSI/AWWA requirements and is UL Listed and FM Approved.
Two thrust washers are used. One is located above and one is located below the thrust collar. These thrust washers provide easy operation.
Ductile Iron Construction
The ductile iron body, bonnet and wedge provide strength, durability and a pressure rating that meets or exceeds the applicable requirements of AWWA C515. The tensile strength of ductile iron is more than twice that of cast iron. This added strength makes the Series 2500 more durable and allows it to be rated at 250 psig. This strength and higher pressure rating is provided in a compact, lightweight and easy-to-handle ductile iron valve.
The Series 2500 valve is epoxy coated on the interior and the exterior. The fusion-bonded epoxy coating is applied prior to assembly. The bolt holes and body-to-bonnet flange surfaces are fully coated.
O-ring Style Gaskets
The body-to-bonnet and stuffing box gaskets utilize pressure-energized O-rings. This reduces the need for excessive bolt loading, which is required by designs that use flat gaskets. The O-rings are reusable, which reduces downtime during any needed repair.
The Series 2500 Ductile Iron Resilient Wedge OS&Y Gate Valve Has These Standard Features:
- Ductile Iron Construction
- 250 psig ANSI/AWWA pressure rating, as applicable
- UL Listed in Applicable Configurations
- Certified to NSF/ANSI 61 and NSF/ANSI 372
- Triple O-Ring stem seals
- Epoxy coating inside and out in accordance with ANSI/AWWA C550
- Thrust washers and adjustable packing type stem seals
- Lifting Devices
- Zero leakage
- Dual sealing body to bonnet gaskets
- EPDM Encapsulated Ductile Iron Wedge With Polymer Guide Covers
- Class 250 raised face flanges available