3"-24" Resilient Wedge Gate Valve with Indicator Plate
The AMERICAN Series 2500 Ductile Iron 250 psig AWWA Resilient Wedge Gate Valve is available with an indicator plate. The plate is designed to accommodate the installation of an indicator post. The valve is designed for use in drinking water, sewage and fire protection systems as well as irrigation and backflow control systems. The Series 2500 Resilient Wedge Gate Valve is furnished in configurations that are UL Listed and FM Approved as well as Certified to NSF/ANSI 61 and NSF/ANSI 372, which demonstrates compliance to the U.S. Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA).
Triple O-ring Stem Seals
Sealing the lubrication chamber is a series of three O-ring stem seals. The O-rings help to isolate the lubrication chamber.
Two thrust washers are used. One is located above, and one is located below the thrust collar. These thrust washers provide easy operation.
Ductile Iron Construction
The ductile iron body, bonnet and wedge provide strength and a pressure rating that meets or exceeds the requirements of AWWA C515. The tensile strength of ductile iron is more than twice that of cast iron. This added strength makes the Series 2500 more durable and rated at 250 psig. This strength and higher pressure rating is provided in a compact, lightweight and easy-to-handle ductile iron valve.
The Series 2500 valve is epoxy coated on the interior and the exterior. The fusion-bonded epoxy coating is applied prior to assembly. The bolt holes and body-to-bonnet flange surfaces are fully epoxy coated.
O-ring Style Gaskets
The body-to-bonnet and stuffing box cover seals are pressure-energized O-rings. This reduces the need for excessive bolt loading, which is required by designs that use flat gaskets.
The Series 2500 Ductile Iron Resilient Wedge Gate Valve has these standard features:
- UL Listed and FM Approved, as applicable
- 250 psig ANSI/AWWA pressure rating
- 3” – 12” valves available in configurations which are UL Listed and FM Approved with a 250 psig rating
- 14" – 16" valves available in configurations which are UL Listed and FM Approved with a 200 psig rating
- 18" – 24" valves available in configurations that are UL Listed with 175 psig
- Complies with ANSI/AWWA C515
- Certified to NSF/ANSI 61 and NSF/ANSI 372
- Fusion-bonded epoxy coating complies with ANSI/AWWA C550
- Fully rubber-encapsulated wedge
- Triple O-ring stem seals
- Thrust washers
- Valves have a smooth, larger-than-nominal waterway
- 100% leak-tight closure
- Valves have an all ductile iron body
Request More Information
3D CAD Files
- 4" Series 2500 Resilient Wedge Gate Valve Flange x Flange, NRS, PIV 3D CAD
- 6" Series 2500 Resilient Wedge Gate Valve Flange x Flange, NRS, PIV 3D CAD
- 8" Series 2500 Resilient Wedge Gate Valve Flange x Flange, NRS, PIV 3D CAD
- 10" Series 2500 Resilient Wedge Gate Valve Flange x Flange, NRS, PIV 3D CAD
- 12" Series 2500 Resilient Wedge Gate Valve Flange x Flange, NRS, PIV 3D CAD