GIS - AFC Mapper
AFC Mapper is a free app and workflow configured within the Trimble Unity platform. It helps water utilities bridge the gap between construction, mapping and maintenance management. The app is designed to leverage the 2D product barcodes shipped on every AMERICAN Flow Control fire hydrant and gate valve, as well as the power of Trimble Unity and Esri technologies, to automate the mapping and asset management of system fire hydrants, gate valves and related network assets.
Download at: AFC Mapper
AFC Mapper Features
- BYOD Data Collection – Allows a Bring Your Own Device approach to the creation and management of data collection jobs by using the internal camera on your smartphone or tablet.
- Quick & Simple Data Entry – By scanning the AFC 2D barcodes, the system automatically populates preconfigured AFC fire hydrant and gate valve data collection forms with product manufacturing attributes.
- GPS Positioning – By using the phone’s or tablet’s internal GPS receiver (if equipped), you can easily capture GPS positions with an expected accuracy of 3+ meters.
- High Accuracy GPS Support – If greater accuracy is needed, you have the option to use a Trimble external GNSS receiver that can pair with Android and iOS devices via Bluetooth (up to centimeter accuracy).
- Attach Photos – Capture photos and attach to the AFC hydrant and valve data collection forms.
- Export Data – Export collected data in various formats including Shapefiles, Microsoft Excel and Esri File Geodatabase.
- Record information that can’t be determined from ground level, such as precise asset specifications and manufacturing information. Works with any Android or iOS handheld device.
- Reduce the potential for accidental damage during installation by using detailed product information captured from the barcode.
- Increased efficiency and productivity in mapping AFC fire hydrants and gate valves during installation by using intelligent and simple data collection workflows and forms.
- Leverage your investment in tablets or smartphones, Trimble Unity supports various platforms with options for high accuracy GPS data collection (up to centimeter accuracy for GIS).
- Use photos to memorialize asset location and installation information. This information can be critical in areas of high growth or development, as well as areas that may be susceptible to visual landscape changes due to catastrophic weather events.
- Can be used on existing fire hydrant and valve installations.
What does this mean?
AFC Mapper puts hydrant maintenance and record keeping directly into the hands of the mobile workforce. All while providing a complete solution to asset location and management, improving field operations, enhancing system reliability, reducing costs and improving worker productivity
- 2"-12" Resilient Wedge Gate Valves with Mechanical Joint Ends
- 5 ¼” American-Darling B-84-B-5
- 5 ¼” Waterous Pacer
- 2"-12" Resilient Wedge Gate Valves with Flanged Ends
- 5 ¼” American-Darling B-62-B-5
- 2"-12" Resilient Wedge Gate Valves with Flanged Joint Ends - OS & Y
- 4 ½” American-Darling Mark 73-5
- 4 ¾” Waterous Trend
- 14"-24" Resilient Wedge Gate Valves with Flanged Ends
- 14"-24" Resilient Wedge Gate Valves with Mechanical Joint Ends
- 14"-24" Resilient Wedge Gate Valves with Flanged x Mechanical Joint Ends
- 14"-48" Resilient Wedge Gate Valves with Mechanical Joint Ends - Spur Gear Actuator
- 14"-48" Resilient Wedge Gate Valves with Flanged x Mechanical Joint Ends - Spur Gear Actuator
- 14"-48" Resilient Wedge Gate Valves with Mechanical Joint Ends - Bevel Gear Actuator
- 14"-48" Resilient Wedge Gate Valves with Flanged x Mechanical Joint Ends - Bevel Gear Actuator