14"-48" Resilient Wedge Gate Valves with Mechanical Joint Ends - Bevel Gear Actuator
AMERICAN’s 14"-48" Series 2500 ductile iron resilient wedge gate valves are suitable for use in potable water, sewage and fire protection systems. These valves have a rated working pressure of 250 psig with zero leakage. The waterway is clear and unobstructed.
Advantages Over Butterfly Valves
- No disc in waterway to restrict flow or to increase pumping costs
- Allows passage of pigging devices
- Internal parts can be serviced without cutting valve out of pipeline
- 250 psig rating provides for future pressure increases over the 150 psig pressure rating typically found on most butterfly valves
Advantages Over Double-Disc Gate Valves
- Zero allowable leakage
- Lower torque requirements to operate valve
- 250 psig pressure rating compared to the 150 psig rating typically found on double-disc gate valves
- Epoxy-coated inside and out
- Lighter total valve weight
- Single-gate construction. Double-disc gate valves have multiple parts that can seize together.
- Bypasses, rollers, tracks and scrapers are not needed.
- 250 psig rating
- Ductile iron construction
- Triple O-Ring stem seals
- NSF Certified coating
- Thrust washers
- Epoxy coating inside and out
- Zero leakage
- Optional gearing (Standard on 30" and larger)
- Ductile iron wedge fully encapsulated with EPDM rubber
- Cast flats on valve body so valve stands upright for storage or during installation
- Bypass available at additional cost
Ductile Iron Construction
The ductile iron body and bonnet provide superior strength and allow a pressure rating of 250 psig. The strength of ductile iron doubles that provided by gray iron. This added strength and higher pressure rating are provided in a compact, lighter design.
Triple O-Ring Stem Seals
Sealing the lubrication chamber is a series of three O-Ring stem seals. The O-Rings help to isolate the lubrication chamber.
The 14"-48" Series 2500 valves are epoxy-coated both on the interior as well as the exterior of the valve. The coating is applied after the valve body is shot-blasted clean. The coating is applied to all ferrous surfaces so that even the bolt holes and body-to-bonnet flange surfaces are fully epoxy coated.
Lifting Devices, 14"-48"
All 14"-48" valves are provided with integral lifting devices, which allow the valve to be handled without lifting it by the operating nut.
Thrust washers are located above and below the stem collar to reduce operating input torque and assist in trouble-free operation of the valve.
No Flat Gaskets
The stuffing box gasket and throat flange gasket are pressure-energized rubber O-Rings. This provides a seal without the need for excessive bolt loading as is required of flat gaskets.
Request More Information
- 14"-18" Series 2500 Resilient Wedge Gate Valves with Mechanical Joint Ends - Bevel Gear Actuator DXF (06-02-11)
- 20"-24" Series 2500 Resilient Wedge Gate Valves with Mechanical Joint Ends - Bevel Gear Actuator DXF (06-02-11)
- 30"-36" Series 2500 Resilient Wedge Gate Valves with Mechanical Joint Ends - Bevel Gear Actuator DXF (06-02-11)
- 42"-48" Series 2500 Resilient Wedge Gate Valves with Mechanical Joint Ends - Bevel Gear Actuator DXF (06-02-11)